History of Shell Creek Baptist Church
- November 16, 1873 – 12 Families formed the German Baptist Church of Elk Creek, NE.
- July 12, 1882 – Rev. H.P. Benthack was elected to be the elder with an annual salary of $125.00.
- 1883 – Church was received into the Southwestern Association of the German Baptist Conference (North American Baptist Conference).
- 1887 – The church changed its name to Shell Creek Baptist Church.
- First church building was a chapel measuring 22×40, with the total cost being $1,338.00.
- April 1893 – The first parsonage was built for $900.00.
- 1961 – Central heating and air was added.